By means of the following clauses, we are providing information about the purpose, type, and scope of the collection, processing, storing and use of personal data on the Followistic platform.
Email: [email protected]
2.1. Collection and processing of personal data
Followistic is responsible for collecting and processing your data (also referred to as “Publishers data”). And, as part of our service agreement with you (referred to in our Terms of Service), we act as a third-party provider that collects and processes the data of those of your website visitors that have signed up to Followistic (also referred to as “Subscribers”). And we may, for this purpose, process your and their data directly and/or through third parties.
As your service provider, we enable you to offer your subscribers to use our Followistic widget to sign up to receive notifications whenever you publish a new article on their preferred tags, categories and/or authors on your website.
Technically, the Followistic widget is based on a script that you embed in your website. This way we source your content to our platform. Whenever you publish a new article, we process this information on the Followistic platform and send notifications about your content to those of your subscribers that signed up to that specific content.
Followistic commits to comply with the REGULATION (EU) 2016/679 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individual persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation), also known as General Data Protection Regulation (henceforth GDPR), in particular with all principles related to processing of personal data, lawfulness of processing and the rights of the data subjects.
2.2. Lawfulness of Processing
The personal data obtained by Followistic will be treated as defined in the Terms of Service (link to Terms of Service) only insofar as this is required for the rendering of the contractual services, billing, the fulfilling of legal obligations and when a legitimate interest of Followistic is in order to be fulfilled.
2.3. Information we hold
More Information we hold:
- Personal information - your website domain and email
- Payment information - credit card number and expiry date
- Billing history
- Account creation date
- Last login date
- Tags, authors, and categories from your website
- Your articles’ data:
- Creation date
- Brief summary
- Our access date to your content
- Content Url
From your subscribers:
- Personal information - name, email
- Account creation and confirmation date
- Publishers subscribed to
- Content subscriptions (tags, categories, authors)
- Notification frequency selected
The stored data is being evaluated only for service providing purposes, such as (but not restricted to):
- White label notifications
For subscribers to be notified about new articles related to their preferences.
- Analytics Dashboard
To allow publishers to track their subscribers’ behavior in their personal Followistic dashboard.
Where applicable, the data may be used to eliminate defects.
2.4. Data retention
We will hold your data for one year from the date you terminate your service subscription with us.
Your subscribers can fully manage their subscriptions and delete their accounts, with immediate effect and that process leaves no personal information in our systems.
3. Your rights
Every individual has rights regarding the use of their data.
- The right to be informed.
- The right to access.
- The right to rectification.
- The right to erasure.
- The right to restrict processing.
- The right to data portability.
- The right to object.
- Rights around automated individual decision making including profiling.
4. Exercising your rights
If you do not wish to receive any marketing materials from Followistic or exercise any of your rights over your data, please email us to [email protected].
5. Correcting your details
It is important that any data we hold is up-to-date and correct. You have the right to update any incorrect or expired data and you can do so by emailing our Data Protection Team.
6. Making a request to see your data
If you wish to see a copy of the data that we hold of you, please send an email to our Data Protection Team. Please include your email address used for your Followistic account and details about the information you require.
7. Processing information outside Portugal
7.1. Inside Europe
Some of the third-party services that we use to process data are hosted on EU servers under European legislation. This guarantees that data is treated securely and in accordance with GDPR principles.
7.2. Outside Europe
Some of the third-party services that we use to process data are hosted on US servers under the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework (https://www.privacyshield.gov/welcome). This guarantees that data is treated securely and in accordance with EU accepted principles.
Should there be other occasions where we need to process data outside of the EU or the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework for the purposes described in this document we shall ensure that it is secure and done under contractual arrangements that offer the same level of protection as within Portugal.
8. Sharing your details
Information about publishers and subscribers, as well as the services the respective user subscribed to with us, may be used in order for us to fulfill our contract with you and for:
- Legal and regulatory compliance
- Tracking debtors and collecting debts
With third party organizations
We may share information with other organizations if the following applies:
- Providing services or research on behalf of Followistic, for example, subcontractors supplying payment services. Our contract with them will not allow them to use your information for anything other than the fulfillment of our contract with you.
- Providing administrative, processing, analytical or other services to support Followistic in our sales, marketing, administration, and product development activities.
- Providing market research services to help us improve our product, marketing, and services.
- We transfer the rights or obligations of our contract with you.
- We have asked and been given your consent.
- We are required or permitted to do so by law or regulation.
When we share data with subcontractors we will ensure that the process is supported by a written contract and that your data is treated confidentially and securely and in accordance with the respective data protection legislation.
Followistic will not sell, share or give any data to external companies for the marketing purposes of those companies.
9. Security of your data
All data Followistic is processing is stored and processed on secure servers or secure private cloud storage. We take data security very seriously and use a range of tools, protocols, and services to ensure your data is protected.
If you have a complaint about how we have used your data, please email us to [email protected].
10. Cookies Policy
- Keeping track of your specific preferences to provide you with our personalized service.
- Conducting research and diagnostics to improve our services.
- Preventing fraudulent activity.
- Improving security.
You can manage browser cookies through your browser settings. The 'Help' feature on most browsers will advise you on how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive new cookies, how to disable cookies, and when cookies will expire. If you disable all cookies on your browser, neither we nor third parties will transfer cookies to your browser. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit the Followistic website/platform and some features and services may not work or work improperly.